Wednesday, July 28, 2010

1st post

I have been writing a song for about three weeks now.
All I have is the melody, and chords, and the flickering, vague idea of what it should be about.
My rice noodles were weirdly tart, but I couldn't stop eating them, so they are gone now.
I spent all day with the lights off and no music playing to distract me from thinking, so I sat and thought for a while, I thought about my first "weekend" (Which became a week) in NYC. I shook my head, recalling the shenanigans I put my sister through in dragging her along, and all the noisy crowded Metro rides. I laughed thinking about the week we spent in Rhode Island with Carlene and Andre, and now I look at this week, and it's so calm. Of course I really shouldn't say that... the week isn't over....

I think I'll write a post for each week to hit some of the highlights. =) There were at least a million in those past weeks, so they won't all end up in there, but you'll get the idea. ;)

4 comments: